How To Diagnose A Check Engine Light : Code P0340 Cam Position Sensor
We discuss a P0340 camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction code. In some cases the sensor could be faulty and in others it could be in the engine timing components and/or pcm. Take note that you don’t have to have an expensive scanner like in the video to perform this check. A digital multimeter that will read frequency will do the same thing.
The automobile consist of:
• Fuel System: Purpose is to deliver fuel to the engine. It consists of the fuel tank, pump, gauge/sensor, filter, pressure regulator and injectors.
• Air Intake System: Purpose is to clean and direct outside air into the engine. It consist of air filter, ducts, air plenum and intake manifold.
• Exhaust System: Purpose is to direct exhaust gasses out of combustion out of engine. It consists of the exhaust manifold, converters, pipes and mufflers.
• Cooling System: Purpose is to remove excess heat from the engine. It consists of water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and coolant recovery tank. Also the oil system serves as a cooling system as well as a lubricating system. It consist of oil pump, pan, filter and cooler.
1. Clutch: Purpose is to connect the engine and transmission together. It consists of clutch drive disc, driven disc, release bearing, clutch fork, cable, slave cylinder, master cylinder. There are three types of clutch systems: mechanical, cable and hydraulic.
2. Transmission: Purpose is to match engine speed to road speed. Two types used are manual or automatic. These consist of gears, linkages, cables and converters for automatics. A manual is connected to the clutch by a flywheel and automatic by a flexplate.
3. Driveshaft: Purpose is to connect the transmission to the rear axle. It consists of a slip yoke, shaft and universal joints.
4. Rear axle differential: Purpose is to change the angle of motion from engine to the wheels. It also divides torque between the wheels. It consists of a ring and pinion gear,…